Got My New Card.. Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntonOle

In Runtime
So i went out today and bought a new Graphics Card

Bought the ATI Radeon X1950 XTX 512MB PCI-e

Havent installed it yet. I will go tomorrow and buy a 650watt PSU and an extra 1GB Ram and then istall it.

So can someone please answer the following 3 questions :

1. ) I was wondering... Is it ok to download the latest driver/catalyst bundle from the ATI website and use that to install the new card, or should i use the CD that comes with the card (that may be outdated).

2. ) Can someone please let me know... Is it ok to use anyone of the two DVI connectors on the card , to my display, or should i be using an exact one (right or left). Asking because im new to DVI

3. ) Last question. I have a new card and a new monitor. So i was wondering about the Refresh Rate of my screen. Now im using the Ati Radeon 9800PRO and its set to 60Hertz (Analoge Mode). Now when i have my new card and a quite advanced monitor (Samsung 20'' Widescreen 205bw) and it will be in digital mode (DVI). What do you think is the best Refreh rate i can use at 1680x1050 without damaging any of my PCs components? I know there will be a recomended mode in the settings, but even so, is a little bit higher than 60 be ok? Please let me know

Thanks

Thanks guys...

Always go to the their site and download the latest drivers. Don't use the CD.

It's ok, to use the two DVI ports, if you're using dual display. And it doesn't matter, which one, you're using, if you're only using one DVI port.

A little bit higher than 60Hz, I think is recommended. I think the higher the better, although I'm not 100% positive.

Thanks for the reply

Only thing left to find out is the refresh rate... I guess if i use the highest one on the "recomended list" it cant do anything bad to my system on display right? Since its DVI i guess it will be higher than 60 right?

maroon1, is right. You could of gotten an 8800GTS 640mb, or the new HD 2900XT.

Hey that card would fold excellent though!

Im more of an ATI guy :)

ATI is just company that makes a video card !!! You need to look at which product is better.

8800GTS is better performer and it supports DX10, and cost the same or even less than X1950XTX. The 320MB version of 8800GTS can be found for only $270
Newegg.com - Leadtek PX8800 GTS TDH 320MB Extreme GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

And 8800GTS 640MB for $330 only
Newegg.com - EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

so i got a bad card? :(

Yes, because you could have bought 8800GTS for similar price

so i got a bad card?
No, you got a great card. Hindsight is 20/20, so they say, but don't let it worry you. The X1950XTX will chew through anything, and, like b1gapl said, it will fold most excellently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom