AGENA and KUMA details...

Status
Not open for further replies.
by the time these come out intel will be releasing their new quads and what not. amd will be out performed once agen

by the time these come out intel will be releasing their new quads and what not. amd will be out performed once agen
umm, not if what AMD is saying about them is true. Barcelona is apparently going to be up to 40% better than Intel's quad core CPU's. Agena also has a faster HTT bus than Barcelona.

AMD claimed that the Quad processor is up to 40% faster than QX6700, not QX6800 which was released later.

But I don't trust AMD, because they claim in their website that AMD 3600+ is faster than E6300 which is not true.
Overall Preformance

So, we need to wait to a see benchmarks for Agena vs Core 2 quad to see if AMD claims are true

However, intel will release QX6850 on Q3 2007, and it will drop the price for Q6600 to $266.
On Q4 2007, intel is supposed to release their new 45nm processors, Penryn.

But I don't trust AMD, because they claim in their website that AMD 3600+ is faster than E6300 which not true.
Overall Preformance

well, yeah, it is true of you look at the overall picture, which is what this link shows. look how many benchmarks they used to calculate "overall" performance. it is kind of a rather biased benchmark, to be sure...a lot of the tests are those which amd is known to outperform intel. notice that super pi is not present.
i am sure that intel's benchmark overall performance will show different tests...those at which c2d excels.
notice they are not overclocked. in a real-world everyday user situation, the amd x2's will stand toe-to-toe with intel's c2d everytime. EXCEPT in certain areas, overclocking, power consumption (in the 90nm windsor anyway) and super pi being the most obvious.
also, i have read several times that amd has a significant advantage in 64 bit applications, which many of these bencmarks could be (i dont know all of them).
so, yes...it is true. we all tend to base our "which is better" on overclocks and such. in the real (boring lol) world, there is really no distinct advantage to either cpu unless the usage is application sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom