Trading computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiliPalmer

Baseband Member
Does anyone know where I might find someone who can help me build a computer? Time is money, and I'm willing to pay. I'm unable to do it myself, but I want to learn. Working with someone is my hedge against a massive screw up.

I live in the Philadelphia area.

I'm looking to build a system that will be used for active stock trading. It won't be cutting, cutting edge, but it will be closer to high end than it will be to bare bones.

Maybe I'm in over my head. Feel free to say so.

Thanks in advance.

I live in Allentown area and would be glad to give you a hand if you need it. I am experienced in all aspects of PC's. If you are anywhere near where I am let me know and I can give you a hand.

I'm no where close to you, but if you need help on parts there are lots of guys who can help you, including me. And just for clarification will your computer have to be mission critical?

By mission critical, I assume you mean will my livelihood depend on my computer being reliable. The answer to that is an unequivocal yes.

I won't be day trading, but the last thing I need or want is to have open positions with no way to access them.

Alright, my dad is an investment advisor so I know about this sort of thing. For starters you will probably want to get a xeon processor and depending on what sort of trader you are i.e. you use technical analysis. Then you cannot have anything mis-firing then i would also suggest ECC ram. And make sure you are also running the comp fairly cool, that will also help with mis-firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom