Plan to get Laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a sweet deal, Kdar. It would be hard to find a way to beat it.

That's a sweet deal, Kdar. It would be hard to find a way to beat it.

yea. After trying to build same thing at HP.com.
The price at Costco was still cheaper.

I just interested about few thing..

How long do you think that battery last? How many ours.... The site say its "6-cell Lithium Ion Battery"

Also.. Those Cameras in Laptops.. are they any good?

Of also... I was wandering is I would able to connect this computer to my TV and able to record TV shows etc..
I think it have plug for TV

Ports:

* Two USB 2.0 ports
* VGA (15-pin)
* TV-Out (S-video)
* RJ-11 (modem)
* RJ-45 (LAN)
* Headphone out
* Microphone in
* Notebook Expansion Port 3
* Consumer IR

How long do you think that battery last?
Dunno. Figure at least an hour, maybe more. Experience will show you. ;)

Those Cameras in Laptops.. are they any good?
They work, but are usually about as good as a webcam. You won't be shooting home movies with it.

I was wandering is I would able to connect this computer to my TV and able to record TV shows etc..
I think it have plug for TV
yes. the S-video plug can be used if your TV has an S-video jack. A TV's resolution is no where near as good as a monitor, but they are usually bigger.

They work, but are usually about as good as a webcam. You won't be shooting home movies with it.
Yea. thats what I mean. They are usable at list right? descent enough..

yes. the S-video plug can be used if your TV has an S-video jack. A TV's resolution is no where near as good as a monitor, but they are usually bigger.

Ok... So if I connect TV to my Laptop, using S-video jack. I can use it to record stuff from TV? right?
Using that Vista "Media Center" or what ever they call it now.

hey Kdar, im not sure what you think about lenovo's (IBM's) but they have always been a personal favorite of mine.

what kind of gaming are you planning on doing?

that hp is not a bad deal though..

Almost no gaming.. Maybe some of those online, free MMOs if I get bored... thats all.

Laptop will be used most for College, Office work etc..

then i'd highly recommend a lenovo. im getting an r61 in the next couple of days for college to replace my old thinkpad.

What about Toshiba Laptops?

I was at some Computer store.. and looked at one Toshiba Laptop.. It looked pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom