Folding @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaara,

Ive joined up under the tech forums # for Folding @ Home, looks to be a GREAT cause, tried to PM you about it but for some reason it wouldnt let me. anyways if you need anyother information just let me know what I can do. My username for F@H is the same as here jpetroz4.

OK, I switched to console... how do I get it to run in the background? I have it minimalized, but I prefer a clean taskbar. I don't need it as a service, as I like to game on occasion.

I'm not sure you can Trotter, I just have mine stuck over on the other monitor. If you find out let me know.

I'm googling it now... trying to see if there is a way.

I don't know either... I have the 2 clients running as services on the laptop... found out they aren't doing well because the dumb cats jump on the laptop after I leave for work, and it hibernates, halting work... lol.

Oh, hit 80K!

On the text client, I'm only getting 250,000 step WUs. How can I get bigger ones? Or is it, only what they give you?

Nice Ethereal!.....I just hit 50k!

Congrats guy's, keep it up....
250,000 step WU's, wow those are really small, I usually fold 4 and 5 million step WU's.

If you want the big WU's you can config your console and answer yes to this question. These could end up being huge.. I said yes for one of my clients and got a 20 million one the other day, then changed it back to no.

Allow receipt of work assignments and return of work results greater than 5MB in size (such work units may have large memory demands (no/yes) [no]?

By default, the client gets assigned only WUs that won't need a lot of network bandwidth or ressources. If it's not a problem for you, answer yes and you may be assigned these larger WUs that have bonus points.

errr... I keep getting error messages when trying to send in work.
Server does not have record of this Unit. could not transmit unit 09 to collection server.

Anyone ever get this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom