Intel will drop the prices on July 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the big question now is should I upgrade now or should I wait until this CPU comes out ??

I'm so confuse now....:confused: :confused: because I was planning in buying this week:

Newegg.com - EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

The worst part is that I have the money I'm very tempting but after seeing those new shiny CPU and if Ste is right that mean that should I wait??

so do the 1 gig FSB models have 2% better performance? 5%? how much does it improve performance?

I'll check Toms hardware, but I didn't think FSB made a drastic difference....

it does with intel. it doesnt really with amd.
with intel chips (help me out here intel people) the fsb can make a tremendous difference in performance, especially if you overclock.

wow that e6850 looks really appealing. I will almost definately upgrade to that, then with an OC i don't think this computer will be behind for a while, since im getting my 8800gts next week, and maybe ill use the step up program to go up to a gtx later on.

I'll guess I will follow what you guys said here and wait then :rolleyes: :( :) anyway there is no DX10 game out yet, so I'm in no hurry at all beside price on other part should drop more by the time those CPU comes out.

One last thing should I go with:

E6750, E6850 or the Q6600, I will be mostly gaming.

Don't go for the E6850, when the Q6600 is the same price. And don't go for the E6750, when the E6550, can easily overclock pass that, for cheaper. So it's either the E6550 or Q6600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom