Overclock Help Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kangaroo

Daemon Poster
There are a few things I want to overclock to give my system a big boost. I wish to overclock my 3.2 Barton (400fsb), DDR400 Corsair (CAS = 2-3-2-6) Dual Channel, and my 128MB Radeon 9800 Pro.

1. What speed would you expect me to get out of my AMD Athlon XP 3200 + *400 FSB* Barton (2.20GHz) with ThermalTake Xaser 11+. At the moment it runs at around 35 degrees. I have 5x 80mm fans around my case, 3 in-take, 2 out. Plus my PSU 2x fans.

2. My 1 Gb (2 x 512 Mb) Corsair TwinX, DDR, PC3200LLPT, Low Latency of 2-3-2-6. These just have the Platinum coloured heat spreaders on them.

3. 128MB Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro with fan provided, I was thinking about getting memory heat sinks before overclocking. The default speeds are 380MHz GPU and DDR 340MHz.

What clock speeds you think I can push them to without any damage? What kind of performance increase could I expect from popular benchmarks like 3D Marks 2001/3 and Aquamark?

suggestions?... try overclocking and see what happens, there's no way to define what you're system can or cannot do, although some people may have the same setup, there isn't one peice of hardware that is identical to the next... you won't break anything, just overclock in increments.. when your screen stays blank after saving the bios, obviously you can't push whatever you were pushing any further, reset the bios and go down a little, etc.. same with a video card, once you see lines, move the core down, spots will mean the memory is too high.

www.overclockers.com

they have a database of overclocked cpu's, you'll find yours there

((agrees with Demalli))

you can get a general idea of what youll overclock to, but you still should do it in increments.increments of maybe 25-50 mhz. when windows fails to start, back off 50-75 mhz and youre good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom