Photoshop wont install! Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobkon

Baseband Member
I had the beta of Photoshop CS3 installed on my computer. There was no uninstall option anywhere, so I manually deleted all the files and all the registry entries involving Photoshop. I rebooted, scanned again and its clear of all photoshop traces.

I just purchased the full retail version of CS3, but when I go to install, it says theres a conflict with "Photoshop CS3" and it wont install. Obviously theres some info from the beta version thats still hidden on my computer somewhere. Where is this info hiding? I need to get rid of it! I need CS3 for work and its super important. Thanks for the help!

did you try re-installing it and then using the windows un-installer option from the control panel?

did you try re-installing it and then using the windows un-installer option from the control panel?

thats the problem. when i go to install the retail version, it says it cannot install because it conflicts with Photoshop CS3. There was no Photoshop CS3 listed in the uninstall control panel which is why i had to do it manually.

I got the trial version of CS3 from the adobe website just now, tried to install it and got the same error. No idea what is STILL on my computer that ios CS3 related??? I cleaned the whole registry of everything "CS3" or "Photoshop"

try a differant location for the install see if that helps.

There is no location to install. This is an error that happens early into the installation.

You open "setup.exe", it loads, then gives the error. Thats it. Theres no options to choose or things to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom