Most reliable mother for sli

Status
Not open for further replies.

janoloco

Baseband Member
I´m so confused about so many mother boards out there.

Can you tell me what´s the best mother with these features: ?

** Reliable **
Single video card
No memory compatibility issues...
(Price doesn´t matter)

and best option with these features:

** Reliable **
Sli compatible
No memory compatibility issues...
(Price doesn´t matter)

----------------------------------------
It´s for a e6600 and 8800 GTX evga

for single card prob the gigabyte ds3 would be a good choice. and with sli u have a couple of choices. the 680i, 650i or sum mobos from the asus range

For SLI, go with the 650i chipset. Reviews have shown, the 650i, performing on par with 680i SLI, and sometimes performs better than 680i, in SLI performance.

For 650i, I would suggest the MSI P6N Platinum.

OK after a full investigation seems like these are the two best options:

MSI P6N Platinum. --------> $146.99

GIGABYTE GA-N680SLI-DQ6 ----> $349.99

If money it´s not a problem. wich one would you choose?

Even though money is not a problem, I would still go for the MSI P6N Platinum. The DQ6, just has too many features, that I probably won't use. It's not worth the money. The P6N will perform as well, in SLI and overclocking, compared to the DQ6.

It's no doubt that a board such as the Striker or DQ6 are overall better boards but the features that they throw on most likely you will not use. Those boards are for severe enthusiats who like to have 4-6 hard drives, firewire, external SATA out the ***, and many more things the average person such as even myself will not use. The MSI P6N Deluxe is a very nice board, it has better features than the standard 680i and performs actually better in SLI.

Even the standard P6N is great but since you say money isn't an issue get the Deluxe and you will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom