Real review of the X2900XT by VR-ZONE.com...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both reviews look good.

The X2900XT is a horrible video card
Easy to judge a card before it hits the streets. Give it the same amount of time as the 8800 has been out and see.

the current driver out right now is what they r using for the HD 2900 XT, which may cut back on it's real full potential, just wait for better drivers to come out, then the real benchmarks can begin, it's only a sample.
Exactly. Thank you.

It's laughable how some are quick to hop on the fanboy guns. Give the card a chance to hit the open market and get drivers. how long did it take NVIDIA to get stable drivers for the 8800? Last I heard they were still getting the bugs out of them.

I own an NVIDIA, but will probably go ATI next time. I am not a fanboy of either... but I will stand up when one is being trounced for no reason.

If it wasn't for folding, I would of definitely gone for Nvidia.

I want to go back to ATI lol.

but yeah, give the 2900 some time.... I hate when people crap on something they haven't even tried..

It's laughable how some are quick to hop on the fanboy guns. Give the card a chance to hit the open market and get drivers. how long did it take NVIDIA to get stable drivers for the 8800? Last I heard they were still getting the bugs out of them.

*sigh* the card came out when? November?.. the 158.22 drivers are not bad but there is still bugs, Its taking long enough lol

As I remember, there were many people who claimed that HD2900 is going to be at least 2 times faster than 8800GTX

And HD2900XT came out now and it a horrible video card in my opinion for several reasons:

1- It consumes more power than G80
2- It came 6 months after G80
3- According to current benchmarks, it performs worser than G80
4- It performs worser than what we expected

Maybe HD2900XT is good for people who want to do folding.....

As I remember, there were many people who claimed that HD2900 is going to be at least 2 times faster than 8800GTX

And HD2900XT came out now and it a horrible video card in my opinion for several reasons:

1- It consumes more power than G80
2- It came 6 months after G80
3- According to current benchmarks, it performs worser than G80
4- It performs worser than what we expected

Maybe HD2900XT is good for people who want to do folding.....

don't hate appreciate... lol... but seriously when the better drivers come then we criticize harshly :)

I am going to try to get one... I might be a while.. I game a nice bit but ever since I started folding I haven't touched a pc game lol.

I'll wait till b1gapl gets one so I can see how well it folds, lol, then I will decide.

vernong1992,

And who told you that the driver haven't came out ?!!!

Look here
Drivers & Software

Yea, the drivers are there. But i doubt it will make the card any better then it already is. I think ATI scrambled to put together all the great ideas they had and rushed it all into the x2900XT. They had so many great advancements early on. I think they produced it way too early. I know they want to get their cards out there to compete with the 8800's, but i mean they could have spent more time and effort and maybe released them mid summer, and then they might have actually worked. I mean, most DX10 games worth playing arent going to be out until mid-to late summer, so why rush to get them out right now. Thats just my two cents.

And the only reason im getting one is to replace my x1800GT for folding. :)

I think we need to see 2600XT vs 8600GTS benchmarks

The high-end ATI card are not so good, but I hope that the midranged video card do something better, otherwise ATI will not have anything to compete with Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom