Real review of the X2900XT by VR-ZONE.com...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would get the ATI for folding. But if I was Nvidia, I would probably discontinue the GTS 320 and lower the price of the 640.

This is getting very interesting and have me wondering if I should buy my new rig this week... maybe if I wait a little I could see some price drop from Nvidia??

The X2900XT is a horrible video card

Just look at the benchmarks of NeverWinter Nights 2, oblivion, and battlefield. 8800GTS still beats the 6 month old X2900XT in many cases.

Nvidia doesn't need to drop prices.....

EDIT: Did anyone read the conclusion, it says that X2900XT consumes more power than 8800 and produce more heat.

The X2900XT is a horrible video card

Just look at the benchmarks of NeverWinter Nights 2, oblivion, and battlefield. 8800GTS still beats the 6 month old X2900XT in many cases.

Nvidia doesn't need to drop prices.....

well u got to remember, the current driver out right now is what they r using for the HD 2900 XT, which may cut back on it's real full potential, just wait for better drivers to come out, then the real benchmarks can begin, it's only a sample.

well u got to remember, the current driver out right now is what they r using for the HD 2900 XT, which may cut back on it's real full potential, just wait for better drivers to come out, then the real benchmarks can begin, it's only a sample.

The current drivers for G80 is unstable. What if nvidia release a newer the driver that improves the performance of 8800 series

maroon exactly right. even if ati drivers increase in perf. the same could happen with 8800. nvidia has won this round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom