Help Upgrading Old PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

techsquad

Baseband Member
so i have a pretty old pc. heres are some specs.
motherboard: intel celeron, mmx?
Proccesoor: Intel 810 Celeron Socket 370
Ram: 256 133mhz SDRAM
Speed: 533mhz

i am looking into changing this into a gaming pc. i am looking into upgrading the motherboard and proccesor. any help would be aprreciated.

Thanks

well first off u really need a new mobo with socket 775 then a new cpu to go with. with the mobo id go a ds3, 650i or the p5n-e sli. cpu e6420. bu if ur making a gamin rig ur goin to need new ram aswell. so i would hook urself up with some gskill's like 2gb(two 1gb sticks) maybe hk ddr800. hz is better but hk are cheaper. then u probly need a new gcard aswell so id go the 8800gts 320mb then finish it off with a good brand 450watt psu that should be enough power.

depending on how much money u want to spend u might have to change some things.

i am only looking to spend only around 100 dollars for both the motherboard and proccesor. i got a firend who can get some for cheap so yeah.

Well the thing is you aren't converting anything that old into a "gaming PC"

Heres what i reccomend you save up for.

X2 3600 $65
AM2 Mobo $50
512 or 1Gb DDR2 RAM $18 for 512 38$ for 1GB

Those are your basic parts...you will need a video card to go with those as well but for a Dual-Core CPU with 512mb of ram $150 isn't a bad deal.

What you don't understand is that all of those parts are outdated none of them could run in a low line gaming PC.

Please I highly suggest you get 200 bucks and then try to make something becuase 200 bucks can actually get you somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom