Bad Computer, Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro69

In Runtime
No Power

well....

I changed the BIOS, had it set to detect and diagnose a LAN connection (Phoenix 0304 BIOS (Asus P5N-E/Striker))
Because my computer wouldn't connect to the internet or msn messenger. "Default Gateway Invalid"?

Another thing, my zone alarm keeps shutting down. I'm using my Mum's computer and it works, however, it only happens with utorrent, and I have mine set to use encrypted traffic
so....

Anyway, reset/restart worked fine, but I couldn't press delete to access the BIOS and it wouldn't post

Held the power button until the system shut down.
Now nothing happens, no fans, no nothing

I've been reading. Could be one of 3

First, Mobo; Second, PSU; third, BIOS

I figure it's the BIOS

I have an ASUS P5N-E and a Thermaltake Toughpower 850. Neither are more than two weeks old

Finally got the memory BSOD issue sorted out, played FEAR on max for about an hour, and then i noticed "True Vector has experienced an error" so I opened Firefox, nothing, adjusted my modem, restarted, changed the BIOS, and that's when my computer died :(

when you press the power button and nothing happens might be the power supply fried or you got a loose connection in the motherboard. Bios has nothing to do with the computer not powering up.

This is why i never flash my BIOS's

?

So, i opened the case, turned on the power, all the fans started spinning, the memory LED's lit up, the sound card even showed a reflection underneath it, the front LED's are working, etc

So why is it not posting? :(

Stupid Machine

Okay, so I'm told it could be anything

Basically it was working fine, with lots of BSOD, until i upped the voltage and set the timings on the memory, and that's when it started doing the do not pass the BIOS bit

i don't want to unassemble everything to test individual components. I was helped with the chords, and it looks incredible! :)

stupid stupid computer

okay, so i called for help.
i've got a thermaltake toughpower 850, and the guy tells me that even if the psu is fried it could be delivering 5v to the mobo which means that stuff will still light up

i figured if i bought a psu that was "overkill" but reviewed and endorsed well i wouldn't have to deal with this ****. regardless, at least it didn't destroy the rest of the machine

well, washed my hands, discharged static, took out the CMOS(?) battery and placed it on a clean paper towel, left it for 5 minutes, reinserted, restarted computer .......the monitor, as before, displays marquee ensignia then powers down, i figure fried memory, because i was playing a video game on high settings for well over an hour, first time for this machine, before the computer started acting up

will this incident be covered?
Corsair memory. large reputable computer vendor

check if everything is seated properly and with the PCI cards pull them out and seat them in again. i once bumped 1 of my PCi cards and it refused to POST so i just seated it to a different slot.

Ethernet?

Well, aside from playing a game for a few hours, the thing i did before i last shut down the machine was, or the reason i shut it down, was that i couldn't access the internet or messenger due to a default gateway error.....

i changed the bios once (search for LAN connection), it rebooted to the bios and halted, and when i powered it down it never started up again

i had recently upped the voltage, half a day earlier, to 2.2 volts for the memory, but that is the manufacturer specification... altho they were without a cooler

i'm still lost. i'm gonna reset the bios and see if that helps :)

Reset the Bios...

well, i believe i reset the Bios
discharged static, washed my hands, unplugged computer, removed battery, used tweezers to toggle jumper, replaced battery, closed case, plugged in computer and monitor, turned on computer.... nada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom