adding games to the registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitotsu

Baseband Member
hey i was wondering could some1 tell me how to add my games to the windows registry...i have an external hard drive for the purpose of transporing games and such but when the games arent in the registry the games tend to bug a bit as well as i cant log them in my xfire hours :p but yah info on this topic would be apreicated

don't think it can be done, at least not in a non game specific way.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'd be surprised.

One thing you could try in future is when the game is originally installed use installwatch to capture the registry changes, then export them to a .reg file. Run that file on the other computer to import the registry settings (the removable drive will probably need to be the same drive letter, the user name for the windows login may need to be the same too). In addition there may be settings in the documents and settings folder of the original install computer that would need copying across.

i was wondering how to add games to registry like manually not just generally i knew i would have to do it one by one i had a guide how to do it b4 but i lost it but ill give install watch a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom