Problem numero 2! - I've lost IE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CacheUK

Baseband Member
Bascially I have managed to lose any IE icon that is on my pc!

It is not uninstalled as i can run it using the run command from the start menu. I cant find the actual program either where should it be?!

HELP!

Thanks!

ta - I still couldnt find it, lol - I even tried reinstalling it to get the icons BUT IT DOESNT WORK!! ARGH! The weird thing is i can still run it?!

Hmmmm, have you tried searching your HD for iexplore.exe

One workaround to the command like execution would be to access the web through your windows explorer. Just type the website in the address bar.

CacheUK said:
Bascially I have managed to lose any IE icon that is on my pc!

It is not uninstalled as i can run it using the run command from the start menu. I cant find the actual program either where should it be?!

HELP!

Thanks!

By re-installing do you mean repair or actually going to the Micro$oft website and re-downloading?

grab the icon from you start menu by holding down on the left mouse button as you hover over the IE icon in the start menu and drag that icon over to your desk top. I rarely use my IE desktop icon. Quick launch actually brings it up faster.

Thanks, I cant drag the start menu icon because it isnt there, yeah i have searched for iexplore.exe to no avail. This is what is getting me most! I went to the MS site and redownloaded the program.

Well anyother ideas please tell me!

Found a solution!! - Although i coudlnt see IE in the default folder i reasoned it had to be there for the Run command to be able to find it and run it, therefore i just created a new shortcut to where the program had to be and it works!! (although now i am wondering why i cant see it in windows explorer? any ideas on this one?!!)

Cheers bla!! for the pointer!

lol, very strage!!

Maybe in windows explorer you have it so you don't view hidden files/folders (although I'm not sure why the IE folder would be hidden)

The option is in Tools > Folder Options > View

NAh its stranger than that!! - all the files are there but WMP has dissapeared (though can still run) and all the files apart from the actual program are still visible, and IE has done the same!

Folders are all visible - I cant stand not knowing where stuff is so that is always on!! :p

Oh well I am suyre i will find the real answer sooner or later!

Btw like the cartoon! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom