My new laptop won't start HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingFisher9

Solid State Member
I just bought a new laptop with Vista in it and the first thing I did was go to run type in MSCONFIG and disable everything from start up. I always do this with my computer. I never had any problems. Someone even told me that if you disable something from start up and your computer needs it, the computer will enable it automatically. I dont know if thats true or not but apparently thats not the case with Vista. I can't turn on my laptop now. I can still get to command prompt. Is there any way that I can get to MSCONFIG with command prompt? Or is there anything else I can do to fix it?

doesnt go to windows and wow I totally forgot about safe mode. Thanks Ill go reboot in safe mode

EDIT: I just rebooted in safe mode and I still cant get to windows I get start up repair and after it runs it says that it cant repair the problem it wont let me get to windows

Have you got the Boot disk's from the factory you might have to reinstall window's compleatly to fix the problem.

erm, can you get some one from home to drop off the disk's? or can you get to the shop you got the laptop from?

Nope. getting to the disks is not an option. There has to be a way that I can open msconfig from command prompt isnt there a way?

Quick idea do you have a recovery partition? some manufacturers give you a partition for emergences just like this, a option should show up like [f10] for recovery on the BIOS screen.

I hit F10 and that takes me to "PhoenixBIOS Setup Utility" I dont see an option for recovery though.

It might not be [f10] in your case look at the options on your BIOS screen it might me one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom