Processor Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntonOle

In Runtime
I have an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.00Ghz

Can i overclock it? If yes up to how much is recomended without causing any problems?

How can it be done?

You need to have a motherboard that can overclock as well as RAM and cooling that can handle it. Unless you built your computer with the intention of overclocking in mind you probably won't be able to overclock it much or any at all. Companies such as Dell and HP and Comapq all lock their motherboard BIOS so you cannot overclock.

Overclocking isnt dangerous really as long as you read a little bit...it's just that I don't know if you have the right parts to be able to really.

Was it built by HP, Compaq, or Dell?

Thanks for the info Sora... I think i will hold back on overclocking for the moment then.. Only reason i wanted to do it is to support a good video card but i guess at 2Ghz any card could still have a good performance

what is asusrock? are u talking about AsRock which has PCI-e and AGP on most of em' but i hear OC'ing them isn't the best..

Thanks for the info Sora... I think i will hold back on overclocking for the moment then.. Only reason i wanted to do it is to support a good video card but i guess at 2Ghz any card could still have a good performance

Get an X1950XT and with that Athlon you will still see very nice gaming performance regardless. The Athlon's aren't "Slow" really and it shouldn't bottleneck you that much.

yea its ASRock, sorry about that

Indeed it has both AGP and PCI-e

By the way which card would produce better performance.. an AGP or a PCI-e one

Get an X1950XT and with that Athlon you will still see very nice gaming performance regardless. The Athlon's aren't "Slow" really and it shouldn't bottleneck you that much.

Sorry for repeating my self Sora but does that card come at 512MB? Because i have a 20" widescreen monitor that runs at 1680x1050 and a 256 card wouldnt do it for me

Sorry for repeating my self Sora but does that card come at 512MB? Because i have a 20" widescreen monitor that runs at 1680x1050 and a 256 card wouldnt do it for me

wrong don't just think that there is certain memory needed for certain size monitors becuase that's just a gimmick that the market likes you to believe. The X1950XT 256MB will give you much better performance than an X1950PRO even at 1600x1200 really. Don't knock on the X1950XT 256MB until you see that it competes with with the 8800GTS 320 a lot of times..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom