Arctic Silver 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckle50

In Runtime
I was just wondering, will arctic silver 5 work as an adhesive, if i attach ramsinks to my ram and the case is placed upright, will they fall off? thanks for any responses!!

I'd say that there's a pretty good chance that it will stick. AS5 is some pretty think stuff when applied so I guess it really depends on how hot the memory gets. If it gets warm enough to thin the as5 then it might fall off. But I'd say in all likelyhood it'll stick.

alright, thanks a lot for the quick response! i am ordering computer parts online and needed to know this before i purchased.

yeah but i need regular as5 for my cpu heatsink and the adhesive would cost another 7 bucks. the adhesive sticks stuff permenantly.

doesn't your heatsink have a clip that clips to your mother coard? ( or some other device like it)

on my cpu, yes. i needed regular as5 rather than the adhesive variant so i could unstick it eventually. i need to stick heatsinks on my vid card and wasnt sure if regular as5 would make em stick, so i was wondering if i needed the adhesive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom