New built PC won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiovideo

Beta member
I built a new computer, but it will not start. I have a Abit Fatal1ity F-190HD motherboard, 2GB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz patriot RAM, a 160 GB HD, a 7900GS, and a 6400 core 2 duo @ 2.13 GHz. At first, I didn't install the motherboard speaker.

When I first tried hooking up everything up, I just got a blank screen. When I put on the vid card, it actually booted once. I selected a "Boot from CD" and got to part where it says "insert CD to boot from an press enter to reset." Well, it didn't reset so i powered it down manually. After that, it never booted, and it just shows a black screen, that refreshes a few seconds after starting, and then goes black again.

I hooked up the motherboard speaker, and it makes continuous, long (5 second or so) beeps when powered on. I looked up the beep code, and it says there is a problem with the RAM. I double checked, and even tried a different stick, and I am sure it is installed correctly.

I tried taking the motherboard out and putting it on a towel, and just hooking up the power, but it still gives long beeps.

My power source is a 600 Watt power supply that came with the case. The power cable that goes by the CPU (not the 24 pin one) is eight pin, but my motherboard is four pin. I plug it in and it seems to work fine, and it gives power to the CPU fan.

Thanks for any help!

Whoa whoa whoa.... Hold up.

Are you absolutly, 100% certain that the power supply your currently have DOES NOT have a 4 PIn Power connector.

I don't care how you fit the 8 Pin into the 4 Pin(Cpu Power). Its wrong, incorrect, not susposed to be like that.

If the power supply truley does not have a 4 Pin connector, then is a POS and you NEED to buy a new one.

I think you might be stating something wrong, as its almost impossible for power supplies now a days not to have a 4 Pin connector...

See the Guide Linked in my Sig for choices.

Hi, I believe it could be caused by different problems and I am not an expert on this case but I found a great tech support site that help exactly on these issues! they also have free live chat support that should help you fast.

Here is the page for Computer Chat Support

Good luck

Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom