Intel's 45 nm dual-core desktop processor entering final testing phase...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see how a 45nm chip overclocks....we have seen what Intel's 65nm version can do compared to their 90...

darn... and I just upgraded... man you can't keep up with technology.

This is like a cycle that never ends, its almost if not impossible to keep up with the technology, you can buy the "newest and fastest" CPU or videocard as soon as is released but most likely are already working on a faster one thats they way they work :rolleyes: .

AMD/ATI will be going to 45nm soon afterwards. The fun never ends, eh?

Are these just conroes exept with 45nm instead of 65? or is this a brand new architecture?

No, they have more cache, higher FSB speed and higher clock speed and it will have SSE4 instruction

It will have 6MB of L2 cache (Quad core version have 12MB)
It will have a bus speed up to 1600MHz
It will have Clock speeds over 3GHz
45nm instead of 65nm
And the addition of SSE4 instruction

And there will more and more feature
The Tech Report - Intel's Gelsinger reveals new Penryn details
The Tech Report - If I had a Hammer: Gelsinger details Nehalem

any price tags yet? anyways when is it going to be released?

It will be released on either Q4 2007 or Q1 2008

I've been following the 45nm's for awhile now. This new process is really pretty exciting. They will sport the newest advancement in transistor technology using "metal gates and the high-k gate dielectrics".
hk_mg_transistors.jpg

Also, Intel is currently putting the finishing touches on their "32nm plant" and will have their "28nm plant" ready for first part of 2008"

I can only image that the 32nm & 28nm will reach 1 billion transistors. The 45nm has reached about 860 Million transistors. And something insane like 300 million switches per second.

That's a lot of 0's & 1's...

Can't wait for this, to drive down C2D prices for me....

My single core S939 3500+ Venice core cpu is still more than sufficient for anything that I have thrown at it.... well, I suppose folding times would increase with dual core & higher clocks....

Can't wait for this, to drive down C2D prices for me....

My single core S939 3500+ Venice core cpu is still more than sufficient for anything that I have thrown at it.... well, I suppose folding times would increase with dual core & higher clocks....

lol same here.... i can't wait to ditch this P4 and get a Core 2 Duo, maybe a Penryn if the prices are any good....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom