[Vista] High CPU Load when playing movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcemaster

Solid State Member
hey everyone, I recently formatted my HD (which took like, 5 seconds, rofl, I clicked "format" on the install screen, 5 secs later it was done) and installed Vista Ultimate, but I have a problem.

Whenever I play a video my CPU load jumps up, sometimes up to 100%, and when I play them in Full screen the vid just lags (depends on the vid too, like,a high res video lags more than a smaller one, but still), even on Youtube o_O

Never had this problem on XP. I'm using the latest nVidia drivers (I've got a Geforce 6200)

Also: it doesn't do this all the time, half the time my CPU load is 60-100%, but the vid plays normally.

Anyone had this problem before or knows how to solve this?

Cheers

Hello,

What are your system specifications?

According to xfire:

Manufacturer:
AOPEN_
Processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory:
1024MB RAM
Hard Drive:
163 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6200

I already Spoke to you .. but i would say Try and Switch to Home premium and get the latest Nvidia Card Drivers

According to xfire:

Manufacturer:
AOPEN_
Processor:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory:
1024MB RAM
Hard Drive:
163 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6200

Well sorry to say but your specs are a bit low for Ultimate. You should have at least 2GB of RAM for Ultimate to run fluently. Home Premuim would be a better choice with your specs.

Well sorry to say but your specs are a bit low for Ultimate. You should have at least 2GB of RAM for Ultimate to run fluently. Home Premuim would be a better choice with your specs.

My ram is fine, my CPU isn't, I still have like, 300-400 mb free at all times (even when playing most games, not counting oblivion ;) )...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom