Buying the latest graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
go with evga use the step up program that way if you buy the 8800GTX and find it isn't powerful enough for your needs you can wait for the 8900Gt comes out upgrade to it and just pay the difference

if u wait for 9xxx or 89xx ull be waiting for sumthin else by time that comes out. just buy 8800gtx that card is powerful enough to last u a while. also dont ever buy an ultra u can o/c a gtx to get same performance for a lot less.

go with evga use the step up program that way if you buy the 8800GTX and find it isn't powerful enough for your needs you can wait for the 8900Gt comes out upgrade to it and just pay the difference

Is that available in my country? Hong Kong. I'm not sure if I can overclock the 8800GTX to ultra specification and will 500W PSU be enough with 2 SATA drives, pentium d 930 and a cd drive?

I think you can overclock the GTX to ultra speeds. If you can't, that's ok, because the ultra is a complete waste of an extra $300+. Besides the Ultra, only improves by, adding a few more frames per second. The 500W PSU will work, if it has the enough amps. What's the make and model of your PSU?

the step-up program is default for all EVGA made graphics cards and I think it is globally available but check on the site they may have further details. who is the power supply made by make and model??? Watts only gives you a general idea but if it is by a respectable brand and a newer model then it should run fine just like my sig it has been running 24-7 for 3 months now with no issues. that is 430W by ANTEC (a good brand) powering 3xsata hdd's, 3 dvd drives, 5 case fans, 3 light tubes, e6600 and a 8800gts 320mb.

you may want to think about upgrading your cpu aswell this is a good comparison guide for all available desktop cpu's Tom's Hardware Guide Processors: CPU Charts

Is that available in my country? Hong Kong. I'm not sure if I can overclock the 8800GTX to ultra specification and will 500W PSU be enough with 2 SATA drives, pentium d 930 and a cd drive?

You should easily be able to overclock it past Ultra speeds...don't worry.

500w should be enough as long as it's not a really cheap one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom