Upgrade or Rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
My current rig is in my comment.

My plans were to either rebuild and keep that pc as a backup or do some upgrades. I figure if I upgrade pick up a EVGA 320mb 8800 GTS and a ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard. I know I have alot of overclocking room on my memory and cpu since the bios is very anti-overclocking friendly and its very unstable at overclocked speeds. I know for my ram I can get to DDR500 and keep it stable for hours of stressing but the lack of memory timing options in bios limits going any higher. Also my cpu is only at 1.45v at 2500mhz and it only tops off at 43 celcius. I know I can push higher because I gave the ram and cpu to my friend and he said after some simple overclocking the ram easily hit ddr550 on ram and 2.8ghz on the cpu with his cnps9500. I figure I could hit 2.8ghz with that Asus motherboard and maybe even 3ghz if I get better ventilation for my case. Video card isnt bad being equal to a 7900 GTX but after getting this new monitor I cant max out more recent games. I might opt. for a 640mb just cause of my resolution of 1680x1050 and hearing after like 1600x1200 extra video ram can help your fps. Any ideas?

I also want to ditch my 2 ide drives and get a nice 250gb sata. I'm also not using that case anymore. I now have a CM G-Lite 330/331.

Just wait for the x2900xt, so the 8800 prices will drop. If anything i would upgrade the proccessor.

I will be waiting till July anyway. I would opt for AM2 but I would rather just rather get a new motherboard and overclock some more than get a new cpu and ram on top of a motherboard.

actually if i was u i wouldnt waste money on upgrading only prob cpu. if u wanted to serious upgrade eg cpu mb ram g card might aswell just make a new rig.

I'm a rebuild Junkie, so you have to ignore me. I get a thrill out of building new systems with the latest and greates do dads!

SO rebuild I say! Rebuild!

I'm a rebuild Junkie, so you have to ignore me. I get a thrill out of building new systems with the latest and greates do dads!

SO rebuild I say! Rebuild!

yeah, pretty much everything is a rebuild no? Unless you toss out the case and PSU.

I don't consider getting a new CPU, VGA, RAM etc as a new rig. A new rig is tossing out the HD, PSU, CASE, EVERYTHING. Totally starting from square one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom