my computer hardware problem has been found......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
i handed over my computer to my oldest bro's friend who formarly helped built my computer, n i got a response back from him today, n so this is what he said:

"well... from what it looks like, your graphics card isn't dead, you probably set the speed on the card wrong and it malfunctioned. you probably thought it died cuz it wasn't showing anything on the screen, but it was just set wrong... now this is a perfect reason why you don't install themes if you don't have your computer backed up. themes mess with the os loading and i already know how to repair using the xp cd, but since you installed a theme, it screws with the files and therefore, a repair doesn't always work, in which it hadn't. if you want anything saved, just email me back and i'll daisy chain it onto my computer and save it manually and put it on a dvd or so. but for now, its not working with the repair. i've ran all my hardware tests i get for working with the geek squad, so its not any hardware failure, but for now unless you just want a fresh install, your computer isn't going to work with the repair function in xp. the theme ****s with the settings like your "living metal edition" did. so just let me know what you end up wanting to do."

the theme that he is talking about is the OS loading theme of the Necrons i downloaded *Warhammer40K* called 'Living Metal Edition' which looked so cool, but now i know not to use themes again. Right now im trying to clear space on my dad's WD 120GB external HDD so i can back up my data on my computer's HDD, my bro's friend says he needs to reinstall Windows XP Pro again.

wow......i wonder what moral can come out of this lesson.

what he said was right i never used a theme after my virtual drives stopped working when Alienware theme was loaded in.

I generally create my own theme using different sounds and wallpapers and such instead of a pre-made theme file. I have downloaded many themes and just took what I wanted and made my own. Never had any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom