Unknown Drive G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroShade

In Runtime
I have a laptop... with only one disk drive that is dvd rewrite. But in My Computer it shows a second disk drive that is used only for cds... but I don't have another disk drive. Is there someway to remove this drive from my system?

got this laptop from a non NEW source? :D
sounds like a virtual drive...I use magicdisc....look for what ectech said or also magicdisc...etc. Probably a whole bunch to look for

EDIT: looks like poweriso is your virtual mounter. You can uninstall...or just unmount

"got this laptop from a non NEW source?" Umm... actually I spent a total of 4000 canadian on an alienware machine. I'm actually really happy with UltraISO, but its not even mounted to the disk... nor do I have powerISO installed anymore.

Can you set the amount of drives to 0 or 'None' or somtehing like that? I know you can do that in PowerISO (I have PowerISO and DAEMON tools both). But, it's just a virtual drive is all.

Ok, well you can't disable drives with DAEMON tools either, just the option to mount. If you really want to remove it that bad, then you have to uninstall UltraISO then, because it sounds like it operates the same way that DAEMON tools does. I have 3 virtual drives in my system (2 regular drives, and then I have DAEMON tools, and PowerISO w/ 2 drives).

I suppose you wouldn't know a way to go into the system and take the part of code where it shows this drive out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom