Simple overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey - i did it and it seems to have worked , according to CPUZ my cpu is now running at 2255 mhz instead of about 2200 mhz . My average temperature is about 42 degrees centigrade. So , shall just keep increasing it in by 5 every time ? and what would a safe place to stop be?

There is no "safe" place to stop when you just talking about speed.

There are only two times when you should stop.
1. Tempartures are above safe level.
2. Computer is Unstable reguardless of what voltages and timmings you change. (Random restarts, Blue screens, Choppyness, Programs erroring out, explorer crashing)

Remember to use StressCPU2 as a stability tester. If it fails or causes a Blue screen/restart you then know that you need to change some voltages or timmings and try again.

Yea...just try to stay under 60C during load, for temperatures.

Now that it is at 2255MHz, what you will do now, is stress it like Ste said, for 8-24 hrs. Once it passes the test, then you can raise it to 210MHz, and so on.

well maybe not that long of a stress test.
personnally I let StressCPU2 go for an hour Max. If no problems then ots stable to me.

The true test is if I can use my computer normally for days on end while SMP folding is running.

can you tell me a good place to download cpustress2 ? - i googled it but all i couldnt find a good place to download .

I never heard of StressCPU2. Is it as good as Prime 95 and Orthos? I use Orthos, to test my overclock.

Those that created/developed the programming for SMP Folding made StressCPU2.

So its more intense than Prime 95, Orthos and OCCT.

There is no "good" place to download it, I just googled it and used first link.

got it to 2.35 ghz ... one last question - if i increase the pci frequency will it increase the performance of my grahpics ?

Don't touch that...lol...If you want to overclock your graphic card, you do that in Windows.

you will find soon you need to bump your vdimm(momory voltage) voltage to 2.75 and your vcore to 1.45 (it can go as high as 1.5 but I dont like pushing the vcore that hard, although some do!)

also when using cpu-z keep an eye on HTT values
they operate best when kept under 1000 thats done with the HTT multiplier in the bios 3x 4x 5x play with those to keep values under and as close to 1000 if possible ( a wee bit over 1000 wont hurt like 1112) but not over 1020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom