Times when I'm glad I have integrated gfx...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pics I took didn't turn out good. Was trying to take pics w/ a 3.2MP camera xD (I need a new one, lol). Was to blurry when I took pics, so you wouldn't have been able to tell anything.

A whole fanblade melt? ****... Yeah, my card still worked just fine, except that the fan went bad, and my system was really hot (I had been checking temps for a little while, and they have shot up about 10-15 degrees on some remote sensor on my mobo.

Lol, I figured so xD. I got that big of a PSU,because it was as good deal =). $70 for it, plus a $30 rebate xD. And it's an Antec one too, so that should be pretty good.

Nice system, BTW =).

There was hardly any dust in at at all when I took it out, though. I try to keep the system fairly clean on the inside xD. But, I guess it could be one explanation... Dunno for sure tho.

Lol, nice xD. I've been just building off of a HP computer I bought... Stock stuff wasn't cuttin it for me, so I just decided to upgrade parts in it xD.

Well, I got my new card today (I did UPS ground, cuz I'm a cheap-*** sometimes, and it was free =P), installed it, and it works fine (and will hopefully stay that way). When I sent the card in (I just sent the card in bubble wrap it came in, in a foam-packed box), I figured they were just gonna send me the same card I sent in, just with a new fan. To my surprise, they sent me a brand new card =D. So I have 2 of the accessories it came with now, since I didn't have to send the ones back in from the first card (DVI to VGA adapter, component cables, and an s-video cable).

Also, is it good for my gfx card if I leave my computer on all day/all night for extended periods of time? Because, I'm thinking that could have been a cause for my old one to mess up/fan melt, because it wasn't getting good enough circulation (I may have to drill some holes or cut a slot out of my side panel of my case so it can push out the air from the fan). Could that have been a possible cause, and should I not leave my PC on for extended amounts of time w/ my gfx card running?

I would have just gotten an aftermarket cooler anyway.
thanks :D. it took me about a year and a half to build up though. i only went SLI because i managed to get the second 7900GS for $60au, 2 solder joints later i have a perfectly functional card :).
Out of curiosity, what do you get in 3dmark05 with those SLI'd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom