My 12v is running at 12.5v ... ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleeckkk

Baseband Member
In the past on all my comps it had always ran below, why is it running higher?

Oh and my 3.3 is 3.36 and my 5v is 5.25.........

???????????? ....... And what was that additional power connector on the motherboard for? Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

And to even more of a concern now my mobo keeps over and under clocking my cpu up to 4.3ghz! I went into the bios and couldn't find a single way to stop it, no dynamic oc functions, all values set properly... Yet my clock speed keeps fluctuating...........???????????????

It keeps going 200x14, 312x14 and 88x14 in cycles, in that order, it stays at each one for about 3-5 seconds before cycling to the next, It seems to stay at 200x14 longer though.... ????

That means you have an excellent PSU usually... Higher is good while lower is bad. Only the really good ones usually run that much higher. Usually thats around idle though.

The PSU is basically this Newegg.com - HIPER HPU-4K580-MS ATX12V v2.2 580W Power Supply 100 - 120V - Retail except blue and it glows.

I'm more concerned about my variable clock speed now... The vcore doesn't change, but the clock speed fluctuates but only to 3 different speeds, 2.8ghz which is where it's rated at, 1.2 ghz and a scary 4.3ghz ... ... There is nothing in the bios to explain, let alone stop it... what the heck is going on?

This is the motherboard Newegg.com - MSI K9A Platinum Socket AM2 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

And what's with the additional power connector as well as the 4 pin on the atx mainboard power connector? I see alot of pre-assembled with the same features (except the additional) that never have either connected and the 4 on the mainboard connector are just left unused and the systems run fine in those cases....... What is that for?

Is anybody out there? ... I'm so alone...

the 20plus 4 connector as it is normally called if for newer motherboards that have pci express video slot

the extra add on 4 pin powers the pci express video card slot

if you have an older motherboard it will only need 20 pin, in that case you detach the extra four pins, ignore them and live happily ever after :D

the cpu power plugs can be either 4 pin for older boards or 8 pin for newer boards

doesnt matter which you have as long as your 4 pin cpu power plug is occupied by the version your board needs :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom