reinstalling 98 need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ondusko

Solid State Member
I'm reinstalling 98 on a used comp, fairly new to all this. but when i try to create or delete partition with fdisk it halts. same goes for trying to reinstall the os- prompts me to hit enter- then halts with a blank blue screen saying windows 98 set up. need help before i go postal?

What options are you using in Fdisk? I believe that, unless you are dual booting, you don't need to use Fdisk, you can just use the partitioning system on the installations CD. I know that Windows 2000 & XP have this, but I can't remember if '98 does. If you can't get Fdisk to work or the '98 disk to partition you can try Partition Magic. Google it if you can.

when you boot up, it gives that f1 or f2 to go to the setup screen why? is it my hard drive. and when i go ahead and hit f1 to install 98 it let's me throught the first 2 screens then freezez!

Dang, they insist on 98? You need a different job. What a nightmare networking all of that stuff. Is your boot floppy corrupt by any chance? Can you get DOS to install?

How big is the hard drive? 98 can't deal with a big drive. I think it has a bipolar fit with anything over a couple gigs.

how would I install the system files to the hard drive cause it doesn't recognise and os in the hard drive- again forgive my ignorance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom