USB 2 Hard Drive Caddy Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

h2oz7v

Baseband Member
I've recently began having problems with a SATA - USB caddy to my Laptop. The caddy in question is one of these:

Page Not Responding

Sometimes I get "Delayed Write Errors" (in XP), other times the blue light will just go off and any activity will be stopped without any warning - when I take the USB cable out, the light comes back on and the caddy works again. I've asked the seller and he thinks its a problem with the HDD itself, with a possible "Bad Sector" - but I'm not convinced.

Any help?

Bad sectors are marked "bad" by chkdsk /r in recovery console, or from disk properties/scandisk (check everything).

I doubt your problems are caused by bad sectors, but you may try this anyways.

Can you tell me your motherboard? Because I am having similar issues (just RMA'd the HDD to the manufacturer). My motherboard is Asus P5W DH Deluxe.

Hi, here is a working link to the caddy I have:

eBay

I still don't think its a problem with the HDD (I could be wrong), but I've tried it in my desktop (sata) and it works fine.

Themajor: It's an Acer Extensa 6600 Laptop with the Intel i915GMS chipset (if that means anything to you)

this isnt any help but ive never seen one of those devices before

pretty neat!

I've tried a check disk and it displays no errors. I've also done the obvious like try it in different USB ports.

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom