Upgrading help

Status
Not open for further replies.

valcan222

In Runtime
Hey everyone. I am thinking about upgrading my comp, It has been very good and still is good, but i just figured with the new stuff that came out its time for a upgrade!!!

these are my current parts.

Motherboard: MSI K9N Platinum Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD motherboard

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Windsor 2000MHz HT Socket AM2 Processor Model ADA3800IAA5CU

Hard Drive: segate 400gig hard drive I cant rember the excact things about it lol

Video Card: XFX PV-T73G-UDF3 Geforce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Power Supply: Antec TRUEPOPWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply

Oppreating system: Microsoft windows Vista ultimate edition

Memmory: CORSAIR XMS2 2 GB ( 2 x 1GB ) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 675 ( PC2 5400 ) System Memory

Thats what i currently have, I am thinking of upgrading the processor, add more RAM, and video card.

Bare with me, I dont know what fits with what, by that I mean I dont know what is compatible with what. so let my post some things I found and you guys if you dont mind that is, can help me ether pick a new better one, find a better one or tell me if its compatible, and of course suggestions and oppinions are very very appreciated.

RAM: another CORSAIR XMS2 2 GB ( 2 x 1GB ) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Unbuffered DDR2 675 ( PC2 5400 ) System Memory

Video Card: ASUS EN8800GTS/HTDP/640M GeForce 8800GTS 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 Windsor 2.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor

how do thoes look? anything to add or change?

thanks in advance!

IMO, the only thing you need to upgrade, is the graphic card really. You don't need 4gb of ram, unless you are doing CAD or video editiing. 2gb is enough for gaming and everything else, for now. You don't need to upgrade the CPU, because you can just overclock your current CPU. So from the money you saved from, not upgrading the CPU and RAM, you can get a better graphic card. Maybe an 8800GTS 640mb.

oh thanks!!! I was looking at my windows vista rating thing, and my cpu was the lowest rating, at 4.9, but, that is enough ram? because for 80 dollars would 2 gigs hert? I do some gaming, and I use flight simulator. Overclocking the cpu I dont know how to do that, so i will need help with that, and ok.

so all I need is a video card, I was planning on going with 8800 for sure, but which one do you reccomend? any brand place to order ect...

EVGA is highly recommended around here.

NewEgg is the tops for ordering. you can also try ooking on PriceGrabber.com for the best prices.

just took a look on new egg what do you guys think about this?

EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card retail for $559.99

how dose that look?

none the less..... I actualy do..... scary stuff i dont rember when I had the money to buy anything lol. I am looking into getting it with another order from new egg so I will probibly get it in about a month. any other reccomended upgrades? fans? ect????

i would say only upgrade the g card to a gtx. and o/c ur cpu. if u dont already buy an aftermarket cheap cooler and sum artic silver for ur cpu.

alright, so OC my cpu and get a EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

got it, now......

I dont know how to oc my cpu how do I learn I really dont want to ruin in. I hear that the evga 8800gtx runs a little hot, I dont have any fans in my comp, other than what came with the case, what do you guys reccomend for fans?

but yes how do I learn about OC'ing my cpu and fans... and anything else you guys think I should do know ect ect.......

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom