Bit-torrents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaiian style

In Runtime
can someone explain how to use this to me?

i downloaded a file i havent seen before and my friend said i need to use a torrent to use it?

can someone help me with this?

A torrent file on its own is worthless. You need a bit-torrent client to be able to use the torrent file and download the data within the torrent from various users. There is much more detail that goes into, but that is the quick run down. We can easily start getting terms such as "seeds" "leechers" etc..but this will point you in the right direction.

You basically then get an interface much like a P2P client and watch your download progress. You want to download torrents with a high number of "seeders" for quicker downloads. I personally use the Azeurus (sp?) client.

A torrent file on its own is worthless. You need a bit-torrent client to be able to use the torrent file and download the data within the torrent from various users. There is much more detail that goes into, but that is the quick run down. We can easily start getting terms such as "seeds" "leechers" etc..but this will point you in the right direction.

You basically then get an interface much like a P2P client and watch your download progress. You want to download torrents with a high number of "seeders" for quicker downloads. I personally use the Azeurus (sp?) client.

ok, so i need a client to download the file. so do i still need the initial file?

i downloaded the one you like to use, Azeurus.

so what must i do now? just click and drag the file i want into the program while its running? or do i need to set a whole bunch of crap?

what does it mean if it says i dont have a connection to the internet but i am? and my firewall is off?

i installed it into my admin account but im running it off a different account

There could be a lot of factors for connection problems. Most of them relate to firewalls/routers/port fowarding. If you have a router you need to port foward. There have been some very good details written up about this that I have posted and others..I would run a quick search for torrent and see if you can find anything..not trying to be a jackass just trying to start you off then answer questions if you still have problems :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom