Simple overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
I want to do some really simple overclocking, what , in the bios do i need to change to increase the speed of my cpu? also how far should i increase it ( ive got a athlon 4400+ x2 and a winfast nf4sk8aa with a storm 700w jeantech psu)?
Do i need to do anything else?

Increase it by small increments every time, if it's stable, keep going. I would do it by like 0.05 ghz every time.
You have to increase the voltage for the CPU, and you'll need to monitor it's temperature constantly. Since I don't OC, I can't say what a stable temperature would be.

To overclock the CPU, you have to raise the FSB. Like risingfalls said, take it slow and go in, increments of 5-10MHz. Test for stability each time. Use the program Prime95 or Orthos, to test for stability. A good run is 8-24hrs, so run it, while you sleep. And if it, passes, then up the FSB again. Try to keep the temperature below 60C, during load. If you find that the overclock is not stable, you can up the voltage on VCore. Do not go pass 1.5v....I would say that is safe to stop, right there(correct me if I'm wrong).

Hey when i start the bios i get these options :
Cpu Clock Multiplyer
HT clock Multiplyer
PCIE " "
Cpu Vcore volt select
Vdimm voltage select
Which of these should i choose and then increase?
Apart from these the only , everything else is about passwords and other stuff that seems unrelated to Overclockling .

Hey when i start the bios i get these options :
Cpu Clock Multiplyer
HT clock Multiplyer
PCIE " "
Cpu Vcore volt select
Vdimm voltage select
Which of these should i choose and then increase?
Apart from these the only , everything else is about passwords and other stuff that seems unrelated to Overclockling .

Go to Cpu Clock Multiplyer and multiply it by 200 that should give you a nice good overclock

no disrespect risingfalls and kustumb but i kind of trust b1gapl more as he does have 3,294 posts , so what is your input should i do as kustumb said?

kutsumb, I don't think that would give it an overclock, because that is what it should be at stock. 200 HT x 11 multiplier = 2.2GHz.

I'm not 100% sure on AMD overclocking but.....sailpog, what does the CPU and HT clock multiplier currently say? 200 HT and 11 CPU? If so, then set the HT to 210, and this will have your processor at 2.3GHz (210 HT x 11 CPU multiplier = 2.3GHz).

ok the cpu clock multiplyer is set at auto but can be set at 4X , 4.5X , 5X etc...
the HT " " is set at auto but can go 1X 2X 3X 4X 5X
Cpu frequency is set at 200 and can go up to 300
which one should i alter because they dont really fit your discription?

I think you can leave the multipliers on auto. Just change the CPU frequency to 205, and see what happens first. As I said, I'm not familiar with AMD overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom