Not open for further replies.

Deekaey

Beta member
Ok, here's my spec's and my problems:

Abit IP-95 LG775 Mobo
Intel Pentium D Smithfield 805
2gb ddr2 533
Okia 450w 20-pin powersupply

Ok, so im not getting any power. I've taken apart and re-done everything a couple times. At least, the fans should spin? even if the power supply isnt good enough for the mobo? ( powersupply is good, got it checked at CompUSA with a meter) . The manual for the mobo says you CAN use either 20pin or 24pin, but it says it might not boot with a 20 pin, depending on the power, which shouldnt be a problem since i have 450w and that should support it. I'm stuck, and frustrated =\. A bad combination.

Please give me some feedback of what i should do.

Thanks in Advance

if your mobo requires 20 or 24 pin you can use either but the 20 pin has to have 300W minimum. better off getting 24pin for better stability
try a different power supply to see if its really the power supply and not the capacitors on the mobo

Try unplugging and then lightly replugging the four wire 12v cpu feed in. Sometimes a loose contect inside the plug can throw you off when nothing seems to work. If you pushed that plug in a little too hard one of the contacts may have lifted inside the plug itself.

yes, the 4 pin 12v plug is plugged in good

i tried putting it in gently, still nothing.

also, even with the 20pin 450w, i should still get my fans moving

Without the required 12v feed or a loose contact everything can get stalled there. When simply going to swap a supply some time back nothing worked. I decided to unplug and then lightly press that plug in until the click on the loacking tab since I knew everything else was good and whamo! it fired right up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom