Modified Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the ethernet... run it under the house. you will have to drill two small holes (of course), but you can seal them with silicone afterwards. Run the wire along the floor joists and tack it up with wire hangers (you can improvise with wire clothes hangers if you have to).

I'm not sure what you mean by floor joists, but my dad already knows that I have a room-renovating plan going on over the summer, so I'll ask him if that's a possibility :)

Thanks!

D'you think I should just spend the extra $9 and get a cheap wireless card, just in case I ever need one?

Don't expect any miracles from Vista SP1.
SP1 for XP didn't come with anything special. Neither did SP2. The only reason I am using XP SP2 is because it has native USB 2.0 support (which can easily be installed seperately on XP without SP's).

The only real incompatability issue I had in had in XP vs XP SP2 was some video programs like Adobe Premiere refusing to work. Everything else works fine, and there is no difference in stability or anything.

Okay, then I'll keep the wireless, unless the inexpensive version disappears :)

Major, isn't the Vista SP1 supposed to contain a bunch of extra drivers? That's the only thing I was concerned about; The glitches don't seem to be major ones. If you could show me one, I think I'd probably reconsider.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, Trotter; Don't worry about the Folding, I plan on leaving my PC on during the day (Not during the night, though; I don't like the noise.), so that it can do F@H while I'm at school; I don't like F@H running while I'm using it, it adds to my (already cluttered) taskbar... However, that is a good 35 hours of folding a week!

...Wow, if I sold off 35 hours of processing, I could make a pretty penny...

Okay, then I'll keep the wireless, unless the inexpensive version disappears :)

Major, isn't the Vista SP1 supposed to contain a bunch of extra drivers? That's the only thing I was concerned about; The glitches don't seem to be major ones. If you could show me one, I think I'd probably reconsider.

It probably will, but you should use the latest third party versions anyways. The only way the lack of drivers can cause any pain is in the case of SATA drivers (which are needed to install Windows).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom