New HD fresh Install of XP HOME gets stuck in loop!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALTRUiT

Solid State Member
hello, i am of medium skill and have installed a new HD on my Mothers PC so...using a authentic windows xp home disc, the formatting is done like usual, but when the reboot in 15 seconds line runs out and restarts the system, windows installation is not there. it goes back to the partition screens, and does this forever.
i tried changing the sleeve designating MASTER/SLAVE/CS.

the old HD had a sleeve on the CS as well as connecting the SL+MA on the bottom. i thought that was a little weird, but it is an HP Pavillion. so.

Basically , how does one make the loop stop and start the true installation of XP?

Very unusual. Any particular reason you didn't transfer the contents of the old hard drive to the new hard drive using Ghost or a similar program? It would have been a lot easier that way.

You may need to either re-format and try again, or boot from the Windows CD and perform a repair installation.

well the old HD wouldnt delete the partition, and it was a PC that was used when it was purchased. so i picked up a fresh HD all the files are BKUP .

Remove the old hard drive, reinstall on the new one. Set it as "Master". Once it is working properly, put the old drive back in as "Slave".Since it is a fresh install, you will have to go the HP's site and get the drivers for the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom