Here are my current specs:
Intel Celeron 2.80 GHz
256MB RAM
Onboard SiS Graphics Card
40GB HD

What I plan to do:
Add 512MB RAM
Add 160GB External HDD
Add Graphics Card (Yes I have PCI Slots and AGP Slots)

Right now I'm worried if since I don't know my max RAM and I only have to RAM slots which one is in use right now. First time I'm upgrading on my PC and messing around w/ the important stuff. Any suggestions or tip highly appreciated.

Sounds like a pre-built...? Can you list the make and model, so we could look it up? Sounds like a socket 478, which would be DDR RAM, but I could be wrong.

Pete's suggestion about building a new computer is a good one, but I understand that budget constraints can hinder that.

I wouldn't go with an external hard drive. When I upgraded my wife's computer, I went from a 40 gig to a 160 gig, and used Ghost to move everything over.

Seriously, if your budget allows it, you might consider just making/buying a new PC. If you live in the U.S., a good place to start (and end) your computer-building ventures is newegg.com

:)
~Ello

I doubt I have the skill to make a new PC. Buying one wouldn't be much a problem but I wanted to try to at least upgrading this one since the cost is much different. Is my PC considered BAD? If not I would like to at least try and to make it better before getting a new one.

dont "waste" money on the old pc, stick with it and when you have enough money, get a new one or make one. That PC is considered "aged"

Systemax's site requires a serial number to get the specs.

How old is your system?

Actually, building a computer is very simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom