EasyBCD 1.6 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Today we're proud to announce the availability of EasyBCD 1.6 to the general public. It's been a rough, long road developing the 1.6 line, but we hope you'll find it worth the wait. With 1 million+ EasyBCD users strong, we've learned a thing or two about compatibility and standards - or rather shall we say the lack of them. What worked for 98% of EasyBCD users didn't work for the remaining two percent, and NeoSmart Technologies doesn't accept anything less than perfection - that's why EasyBCD 1.6 goes the extra mile.

With EasyBCD 1.6, we've rewritten Linux/BSD support yet again (for the 3rd time if you're keeping record), this time with a treble redundancy system intended to - hopefully - serve 100% of the world's dual-booters without pain, hitch, or effort. Yes, we really are that serious about our users. On that same front, we've built in diagnostic failsafes for OS X and Windows support. Now users that find their systems unable to boot into OS X (HFS+ Partition Error anyone?) or Windows (corrupted BCD, overwritten MBR, missing bootfiles, the list goes on and on!) have one-click recovery options in the Diagnostics Center.

The official changelog is miles long and has more detail than even we care to look into, but here are some of the new features we're especially excited about:
  • Rewritten Linux Support
  • Diagnostics and Repair Center
  • Rewritten Memory Management
  • New Exception Handler Class (you can tell us exactly what went wrong!)
  • Listing drives by letter and physical partitions - no more guessing which numbers to use.
  • BCD Recovery and Repair
  • New MBR and Bootsector layers

The list goes on and on, but you don't have to sit here and read - go and grab the latest version of EasyBCD now!

>> Download: EasyBCD 1.6
>> Source: NeoSmart Technologies

erm stupid question considering i have easyBCD but what does easyBCD actually do?
is it a bootmanger which may explain why i have it due ot my vista/XP dual boot?

EasyBCD is a way to add XP, Linux, or even OS X to your Vista boot laoder. That way there is only 1 boot laoder instead of having 2 or even 3. That way you can add all the OS's you have running to the 1 boot laoder and just select which OS you want to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom