making an iso file bootable

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the ISO isnt bootable you downloaded a bad copy of the Vista ISO from the torrent site you found it on. Cause all Vista ISO's from the Microsfot official sites are all bootable.

So you either can use Daemon tools to mount the ISO image and then use VLite or pirate yourself a better copy of Vista.

yes it is, but just to be sure, i manually select it when the computer is loading. how do i mount to a virtual drive?

Once you boot from the disk sometimes a board has an F8 boot menu to choose the boot device the installer should start up right away. With a beta release you will need to partition the drive/format to NTFS first.

well i tried the daemon tools thing and v lite and it worked...bad thing is the the copy i had wont install...thanks fr all the help. i let you know if i need help when i get another copy.

the only thing that i dont understand is why it installed next to my previos xp install on my hard drive but wont update it or do a clean install? just a bad copy, right?

try Active image burning software, or IsoRecorder, both great ones, I use ISORecorder more, but they are the same, i have just used it longer. i have only had one problem with ISORecorder ever, it was a problem with the way the ISO was encoded, it read it as a DVD image and said that it did not support DVD images, so i found Active ISO burner, and it worked fine, other than that, they are both great

ISO Recorder v 2
Active@ ISO Burner. Data CD DVD burning software. Write ISO image to CD,DVD,CD-RW,CDR,DVD-RW.

both work in vista

BurnOn makes a disk bootable when burning an iso image to disk while others won't. Once you have a good iso to work with make sure that the program used creates bootable not simply data disks or plan to toss frisbies around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom