Domain access restriction

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfinchie

Baseband Member
Ok got a problem with one of my new servers. The server is a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, it is not a domain controller or anything, it just serves as a application server. But some of the icons or programs will not open if the are on the desktop. For example we are using a new program that we are about to go live with. Everything from the SQL to the shared drive is on this new server, YET i can not access this program when it is running from a shared drive that is located on the server. Also can not access programs on other servers that are also shared out. Also I am domain administrator account. All server we use the same login expect for 2. This is an error i'm getting

Q:\Program name

Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to the access the item.

And for other applications

\\(servername)\program name

Windows cannot access the specified device path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to the access the item.

Any1 got ne ideas?

It sounds like it is just a security issue with permissions or you have multiple mapped drives with different log in credentials to the same computer. Are you mapping your Q: drive to a file or to a drive? If you are mapping it to a file dont only check the NTFS Permissions but also the Share permissions, because the default share permission is read. Maybe its a dns problem but, just check for host A records just to make sure. I hope i could atleast help you with places to look, let me know if you are still having problems.

Thanks but i got it. Turns out it was the server 2003 enhanced security feature. I just disabled it and everything works perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom