CPU Temperature runs at 60c while IDLE and up to 80c

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cooler the better.....it won't necessarily run faster (but gives alot of headroom to overclock to make it faster).

Take it like this........For example in the summer at school. You're in a classroom with no AC. You wouldn't want to be doing any classwork in that hot environment. You would just want to cool off. Now if the classroom, had an AC, you would be more willing to do your classwork, because it's in a comfortable environment.

w00t!!.....3000th post!

The cooler the better.....it won't necessarily run faster (but gives alot of headroom to overclock to make it faster).

Take it like this........For example in the summer at school. You're in a classroom with no AC. You wouldn't want to be doing any classwork in that hot environment. You would just want to cool off. Now if the classroom, had an AC, you would be more willing to do your classwork, because it's in a comfortable environment.

w00t!!.....3000th post!

Nah, I would not want to do school work, EVER! :D :D

But I see your point

My two case fans and VGA slot cooler will be here in a few hours and my Zalman 9500 and Arcticlean and Arctic Silver 5 should be here mid next week...

If those things don't work, I am moving to Antarctica :cool: :cool:

having at the top of the temperature threshold will make it harder to stabilize. when i would run my 4200 at its max temp, it would bsod much more quickly (with the same clock speed) than having it 10-15* below threshold when 100% loaded.

lol....well if that doesn't lower your temps...then theres something wrong with the sensor in the motherboard....you don't have to move.

Ok,

The zalman 9500 is installed, I used arcticlean system and then used AS5, and my temps are no better, maybe slightly worse. About 60c at idle and up to 75 under moderate load and over 80c under heavy load...:eek: :( :(

touch the heatsink you should definately feel that sort of heat on the fins........ Is the hsf actually spinning as I only get temps like that when I turn off all my fans including the cpu fan and my case has awful airflow

touch the heatsink you should definately feel that sort of heat on the fins........ Is the hsf actually spinning as I only get temps like that when I turn off all my fans including the cpu fan and my case has awful airflow

it's hot, but not OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW hot. And the fans are going full steam ahead...

hmmm, maybe theres something wrong with the sensor, because 60C to 80C, I would imagine to be OWWWWW hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom