looking for a new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What gigabyte board is it? Is the The DS3 965P?

In general Asus tend to be better but not always and not by much if they are. If you own the DS3 board you aren't going to find much more overclockability and performance until something like the Asus Commando as the DS3 is a rock solid board.

Unless there is really a feature you want or you are just not satisfied enough with your board if it is a DS3 then stay with it.

Sorry for not mentioning that i will now purchase this CPU. The gigabyte motherboard i own right now is a bit old one, supporting P4, here it is: GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview

I only had one prob with this one, the chipset was very hot, the company knew that, so they had to include a very loud fan (the white one in the photo). But that was the only serious prob i've had with this gigabyte motherboard.

That means that i would buy another one, i am just looking for the best solution for this CPU.

Thank you for replying!

Get a DS3 if your on a lower budget or an MSI P6N. Or if you like Asus the P5B-E is a little more but has a few nice features.

OK I've seen the responses, but I didn't decide which one to choose yet.
GIGABYTE Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

ASUS
Newegg.com - ASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Which one is the most reliable (will last longer)?
Which one is the steadiest and coolest?
Which one would you choose and why?

As you can see what I am looking for is a good choice to last for at least a year without problems. I will be happy if the mobo wont cause any boot problems (slow boot etc.)

If you think that both of those mobos are not what I'm looking for please suggest another one!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom