upgrading comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

weewun

In Runtime
ok, i currently have a 2.8Gz P4 processor, 2x515 DDR corsair ram, a Saphire Radeon 9600 Gfx card and am lookin to upgrade shortly.
computer is used mostly for gaming.

i am looking for a Mobo that has support for duel core processor, ald will also like to keep my DDR ram - so maybe a mobo with 2xDDR slots and 2xDDR2 slots. any suggestions on that?

i am also looking for a nice Gfx card that will get me by for another couple years. looking to spend about £150 or so.

and presuming something like a 2.1Gz intel duo core processor would be alright for nowadays?

and suggestions/thoughs would be appreciated, cheers

if your goin to upgrade maybe you should look at getting a mobo thats just supports ddr2 ram and get some ddr2 ram because ddr ddr2 can *** round the same price or cheaper then ddr these days. gcard you should look into a 8600 gts or maybe 8600 gt. processor e6420, which is 2.13 with 4mb cache.

are u goin to over clock?

not really looking to everclock. was thinking on a mobo that supports both ddr and ddr2 ram so i dont need to but more ram right now, and could buy some DDR2 when i look into getting more ram?

also, without starting a debate about intel/amd processors, is intel duel core the way to go for the moment?

No those boards are overpriced and ram prices have went down TREMENDOUSLY over the past 6 months or so. If you are on a budget go AM2 with an X2 3600 and some cheap G.skill ram.

correct me if im wrong someone but i dont think you can get a mobo that supports both DDR and DDR2 ram, its one or the other i think

jonny_uk, there are mobos that support both DDR and DDR2. They are just very uncommon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom