Ctrl/Alt/Delete not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

aubn8r32

Baseband Member
I have a laptop and the Ctrl/Alt/Delete does not work. I was able to remote into the laptop and send a Ctrl/Alt/Delete command and it unlocked and all the other keys work fine. I also tested the ctrl and alt and delete keys on their own and they work fine. Any ideas?

I tried that and:

Reimaged
Reinstalled Keyboard
Booted in Safe Mode

It looks like none of the combination keys are not working (eg: ctrl/esc) The other keys work fine on their on. The ctrl key works on its own though.

If anyone has any other ideas please help. Otherwise I have to ship the whole thing back to HP and I have a feeling that its just a setting somewhere or a reg hack

hhmmm.. My guess would be keyboard issues.. something is prolly funked up with it. I have a key board that the shift key work alone and the z key works yet I cannot make a Z only z but it is not a big deal since i can always just just caps or the other shift key. if its a laptop hope it has a warrenty

The keys (Ctrl/Alt/Del) wont work or Task manager wont work??

Most likey the keyboard is the issue. Go in word or something and type in some text with your keys then try and copy and paste it with the hotkeys. try as many key combonations as you can. Try using the different Ctrl and Alt keys, dry deleting selected text... let us know how it goes.

EDIT: Also what model laptop is it.

Some HP laptops have a poorly designed connector to the motherboard, typically it effects G,H, and the Backspace keys.

Don't know if this will help but found this in another post

CTR-ALT-DLT is a function than can be edited out or removed if you are not a certain level privelaged user. Are you an administrator on this machine?

I am pretty sure that this is related to the keyboard itself.
Try to get it repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom