anyone know of partition software that supports USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
because i have this USB flash drive that when inserted it auto runs an app to manage the drive called "U3". it saves a script to run on the drive which when deleted is restored as it has a partition that recreates it and the partition shows up in windows as a CD optical device very annoying.
so i figure delete all partitions and format only partition magic doesnt support USB devices anyone know software that does google only gives me crap.
software that doesnt require a floppy is prehreiable but if i must then its ok

thanks

JESUS!!!

finally,the USB pendrive/flash disk i have comes with a software thats set to autorun called U3 Launchpad. this has a mini partition on the drive that windows recognises as a CD drive therefore making it unremovable (trust me i found out the hard way hours of trying every apps on the hirens boot CD and any partition software i could find) after hours more googling i finally found out that U3 have many complaints about this software and have now released a U3 UNINSTALLER!!!!! this method seems more of a firmware flash though. anyways if anyone else has this problem this is where to find the uninstaller

http://www.u3.com/uninstall/

thank god for that i though i was stuck with that piece of **** software :D :D

theres another way i did with my old Imation flash drive that had this annoying password software, I just right clicked on it in My computer and formatted it.

the only problem is if you have data on it, you will lose it all, of course

with U3 you can not format in the way you mean, the disk is split into 2 (partitions) one fof them acts as a CD drive, everytime you format your disk to remove U3 the other partion reinstalls it unremovable anyother way im pretty sure U3's uninstaller is a firmware flash.
NOTE:
PARTITIONING/FORMATING SOFTWARE WILL NOT WORK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom