Screen appears dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou

In Runtime
Hi,

I'm wondering if you can help me.

When I watch movies on my TV (I have it linked to my PC, so I can play the movies on my PC, and it appears on my TV in fullscreen), the colours are very dark sometimes. The shadows are jet black, the midtones are dark, and the highlights aren't right.

I'm just wondering how to fix this? I know that there are properties in the Nvidia display settings, but I don't know what to do there.

My graphics card is the 6800GT, and my LCD has 700:1 contrast, 300 cd/m2 brightness.

Appreciate help,
Thanks

Right click the desktop, go to the settings tab, then go to advanced, then pick the tab with the name of your graphic card on it, then go to the color settings....and play around with the brightness, contrast, and gamma, until you're satisfied. That's what I did with my LCD.

I think the contrast controls the white, and the brightness controls the black.

Would you be able to show me what settings you have for this? I'm not too good at the playing about with the settings.

Would appreciate it lots :)

Thanks

It varies, because my LCD is 500 cd/m2 brightness, and I use a different graphic card. And my settings were set, because my the picture was too bright. You said yours is too dark. Just increase the brightness. You don't have to be good, to play around with color settings. It's just trial and error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom