No display on the screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennykim

Solid State Member
Hi, I am an A8N-SLI Deluxe user.

AMD 3000, 1GB Ram, 6800GT, 1 Raid 0 (260gb), 500W, SB.

I run heavy duty programs all the time and had no problems at all untill now. My computer's screen just went off and restarted (without bluescreen).

When it restarted, my computer beeped about 5~6 times consecutively, and I discovered that the chipset fan was not working at all. It seems though the system neverthelss goes into Windows... just no screen display at all!!!

Ever since, I've tried to reboot the system many times and still beeps and no screen display...

I've done some researches on the internet and it could be the Q-Fan thingo, so I tried to clear the CMOS properly (as the manual says + this website..) and restart my computer, yet the problem seems to still exist. I've cleared the CMOS according to the instructions properly many times but nothing has changed yet. Tried different PSU and Monitor, but the problem still exists...

Oh... plus, I forgot to mention. My RAID configuration is done by the onboard controller that came with ASUS-SLI Deluxe, as RAID 0.
If I unavoidably have to replace the motherbother to new one, does that mean that I will lose my data in RAID 0, because new controller will have to reconfigure the RAID setting? Or is there anyway that I can backup the data in RAID 0 right now, prior to changing into new motherboard?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

go to the ASUS web site and find out what the beep codes for your board mean. then reboot your computer and count the beeps. This will tell you what your problem is.

To me, it sounds like a video card problem if you're not getting any video.... :)

go to the ASUS web site and find out what the beep codes for your board mean. then reboot your computer and count the beeps. This will tell you what your problem is.

To me, it sounds like a video card problem if you're not getting any video.... :)

Thanks for your reply... Funny enough, the ASUS website did not provide any beepcode at all (unless my research skill is not good enough).

I do remember how it beeped though clearly... 1 long beep, short 4 and/or 5 beeps. (sometimes it beeped 4 times or 5 times..)

Graphics card was not a problem, because it worked on my other computer (which I forgot to mention previously... apologies :)

I don't care about the system anymore now... all I want is to back up the files from RAID 0, so that I can work!!! ARGHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom