question about choosing a mobo and FSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
hey guys, i was looking for some gigabite mobos for future upgrade and i came across something called FSB. what is it? is it like the more the FSB # the better? please explain

i was looking at these 4 mobos, and one of them had a FSB higher then the rest? what are the differences in these 4 coz i cant figure it out, and want to know which one you guys would recomend and which one would overclock good.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.3) LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965G-DS3 LGA 775 Intel G965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

thanks a lot

FSB is Front-side Bus. It is basically where your clock speed power is coming from. For example the real FSB is how you obtain your clock speed. An E6320 has a FSB of 266 and has a multiplier of 7 to get 1.86ghz. The FSB that motherboards state is just the FSB quad pumped. So 266x4=1066 FSB on the board.

The new chips that are suposed to come out will have a FSB of 333 to and thats where the board with the high FSB you see is.

If you are planning on getting a C2D just make sure the motherboard reads 1066 FSB as thats what stock it runs on...after overclocking you can get it over the 2000's.

Just go with the very last one the 965P.

i would say go for the ds3 956 its good for its price and i have heard a lot of good things bout it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom