Can no longer burn Microsoft ISO (or other CD image files)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Does any one know whether or not Micro$haft has released an Update for Windows Xp that prevents users from burning ISO (other other CD image files) of MS Products to CD?

Now before the TF Anti Piracy Trolls rape this thread, please read the following :-
Reason why I ask is that I back up all my CDs as ISO images. From their I tend to work from back up disks to that I don't scratch, damage or loose my orginals.

In the last 2 weeks, I have not been able to use Nero or Alcohol 120% to burn these images. Instead I am getting error messages like illegal disk as nero or alcholol burns in the first lead in track.
Before then, these images did work.
Now it seems that if i need to burn another CDs of a MS product, I can only burn On The Fly - Disc to Disc.

However now, I used a computer with Windows Xp Pro with Sp2, however no updates. And burning off these images files work.

Could some one confirm or deny whether my theory of whether or not MS has released an update that prevents users from burning ISOs of Microsoft is correct?

no update ive been burning ms stuff like crazy last week and i am alo running xpsp2, it was an illegal copy but i used the anti-wpa crack anyway, i dont think its a update maybe you have some messd up drivers? and what type of iso is it?MDs,CCd,CDI,ISO,Bin/Cue, also did you make this iso yourself?

it's been like this since sp2 came out. All you have to do is rename the iso to something else when you rip it.

xp sp2 won't let you burn certain iso's copies of xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom