New Computer $1600

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtndew9

Baseband Member
The below are the parts I will need. I have a 24" Wide screen monitor.

Case
Power supply
Motherboard
Processor
Ram
Video Card
Hard drive
Sound Card
Optical Drive
OS
Heat Sink and fan
Additional Case Fans

Have fun and thank you in advance.

The build above is decent. I'd change a few things:

You could save about $90 on the power supply. 620watts is more then enough for that build, but you could certain build it with a 500w PSU. Check my link below.
Newegg.com - FSP Group (Fortron Source) Blue Storm II 500 ATX 2.2V 500W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CSA, VDE, NEMKO, CNS, CE, CB, FCC - Retail

I disagree with not needing a sound card. But, that's IMO.

I'd rather use the Zalman 9700LED then the tuniq tower, but again IMO.

With the money you've saved on the PSU, you could upgrade to E6600.

The build posted is good. Your right that 620w is overkill but its all up to him since the Corsair also has a 5 year warranty.

I would just get this if i were you as Xclio has been making a name for themselves and it's comparable quality to the FSP. Still up to you.

Newegg.com - XCLIO STABLEPOWER 500W ATX 500W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail

The Tuniq Tower is better than the Zalman9700 and thats a fact. If he likes the look for the Zalman as it is gorgeous looking and works well then go for it but i would rather have a Tuniq.

I agree that he should get an Audigy SE or Audigy 2 and then upgrade to at least an E6420.

I put the 620w in there, for future upgrades I guess. But the 500w will do fine.

I put the 620w in there, for future upgrades I guess. But the 500w will do fine.

Yeah, I hear ya. I figured as much. But, you linked a non-SLI mobo and it's socket 775 with a 65nm CPU on that list... The max watts that PC would require would be about 350w, even with an 8800GTX.

For future reference, check out this PSU calculator. They have recently updated it and it's pretty darn current now.

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite v2.5

Very accurate and very user friendly.

Yeah, I hear ya. I figured as much. But, you linked a non-SLI mobo and it's socket 775 with a 65nm CPU on that list... The max watts that PC would require would be about 350w, even with an 8800GTX.

For future reference, check out this PSU calculator. They have recently updated it and it's pretty darn current now.

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite v2.5

Very accurate and very user friendly.

So if I upgrade my mobo, C2D E6600. 2GB ram & GTX can I use my current PSU without problem or do I need to buy a new one?

^^dude, you're buying a new rig, not upgrading^^
depends on which mobo you get.
likely it will require an 8 pin cpu power connector.
which that psu probably doesnt have (mine doesnt either)....so you will have to get a new psu, or an adapter. i have the adapter, but...meh.
or you can run it on 4 pins and see what happens. probably will work...but "not suggested" by the manufacturer. lol like overclocking.

^^dude, you're buying a new rig, not upgrading^^
depends on which mobo you get.
likely it will require an 8 pin cpu power connector.
which that psu probably doesnt have (mine doesnt either)....so you will have to get a new psu, or an adapter. i have the adapter, but...meh.
or you can run it on 4 pins and see what happens. probably will work...but "not suggested" by the manufacturer. lol like overclocking.

I will need to check my PSU and see what I will do because I'm about to make a new rig and my budget is up to the limit right now :rolleyes: .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom